New Volunteer Opportunity:
VOLUNTEER ENERGY ADVISERS (BESN Project)
Are you good at talking to people? We are looking for two sympathetic, motivated individuals to train as Volunteer Energy Advisers to work on our ‘Big Energy Saving Network’ (BESN) project which aims to reduce fuel poverty and increase home energy efficiency in low income households.
As a Volunteer Energy Adviser you would support the Energy Champion leading the project, to reach vulnerable people, provide them with support to switch energy supplier and take up other measures to reduce their fuel costs. This will mainly be done through the team attending pre-arranged group meetings.
Full training will be given so that you are able to deal with basic questions, show people the online comparison websites and support them if desired to switch supplier and /or signposting them to other appropriate persons or organisations. You will also need to ensure any relevant paperwork is completed.
The Big Energy Saving Network (BESN) project is part of a national initiative funded by DECC (Department of Energy and Climate change)
- Applicants must be 18yrs+.
- Available for up to 20 half day sessions (up to 3 hours long) over the period from November to March.
- Experience is not essential as full training will be provided in-house and through a short e-learning course.
- Volunteers will be required to have a DBS check done (formerly known as CRB).
- A non-judgemental, confidential and impartial approach.
- Basic IT skills and confidence using the Internet
- Experience of working with people; information and advice experience is desirable but not necessary
In return you get:
- Domestic energy efficiency advice training
- Experience of working in a community energy organisation
- A reference upon request
- Optional public speaking practice
- Chance to work in a great team
- All out of pocket and travel expenses covered
For further information and for an application form please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or
ring 0800 772 3687 (please leave message if not picked up)