West Cornwall Community Renewables’ ‘Power to Penwith’ project has received grant funding from the Centre for Sustainable Energy to deliver our ‘Unlocking Greener Homes’ events this May. Through ‘Unlocking Greener Homes’ residents from across West Cornwall who have installed energy efficiency or renewable energy measures in their homes will open them to the public so that people interested in taking steps to reduce their energy use, or generate their own energy at home, can visit real homes to see the measures in action and find out first-hand the benefits of making low carbon improvements.
WCCR are looking for friendly and enthusiastic local homeowners and private landlords who have installed any of the following measures to join the programme, which will run over a weekend in May.
• Insulation measures, such as loft insulation, cavity wall insulation or solid wall insulation;
• Efficient heating systems and controls;
• Renewable energy systems, such as solar thermal, PV or heat pumps;
• Energy efficient glazing;
• Simple, low-cost improvements such as draught-proofing;
• Other low-impact or green home improvements – anything from water saving measures to home charge points for your electric vehicle.
You don’t have to be the proud owner of an Grand Designs eco-home to become part of ‘Unlocking Greener Homes’ – we are looking for people who have made even the simplest home energy improvements who are happy to share their experiences with others looking to reduce their energy bills and their home’s impact on the environment.
To find out more about the Unlocking Greener Homes programme, or if you are interested in registering a as a ‘Greener Homes host’ please email us on email@example.com – we’d love to hear from you!