- Who we are
- How and why we collect information about you
- Whether we store that information and how we store it
- What we use that information for
- Whether we share that information and if so, who with and under what circumstances
Who we are
West Cornwall Community Renewables Limited is a registered society under the Co-operative and Community Benefit Societies Act 2014. (Registered no: 31456R) We work across the West Cornwall area with the aim of facilitating community-owned renewable energy and progressing community-led and community-focused energy projects and campaigns.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.wc-cr.co.uk. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information [when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by West Cornwall Community Renewable, and] when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- West Cornwall Community Renewables may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Information needed to provide services that you have express consent to receive e.g. WCCR’s email newsletter, and occasional other email updates relating to the work of West Cornwall Community Renewables and our careful chosen partners. West Cornwall Community Renewables will also ask for your postcode at the time of registration so that we tailor content to subscribers within, and outside of, the West Cornwall area.
Where we ask for more information to help us improve our services or to allow us to provide information, your response is voluntary and you are free not to provide us with more information if you would prefer not to do so.
Where we store your personal data
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
If you wish to be removed from our newsletter subscription service, or from receiving any other communication from us, you can unsubscribe by following the relevant links and instructions provided in the newsletter or by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To provide you with any further details or information you request when you contact us, either by email, social media or in person
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- To provide you with information on the work of WCCR and our partners, including local projects and events.
Disclosure of your information
West Cornwall Community Renewables will not share your personal or contact details with any other person, organisation or agency, without your express prior written consent unless:
- we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation,
- or to protect the rights, property, or safety of West Cornwall Community Renewables, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Registration and enquiries
West Cornwall Community Renewables Limited is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office – registration number ZA100709
Further information about data protection issues including the Register of Data Controllers can be found at www.informationcommissioner.gov.uk.
If you have any queries about the information we hold on you, please contact West Cornwall Community Renewables at email@example.com